These wholesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls style like a chocolate peanut butter cup! They’re nutritious, vegan, gluten free, and assured to come back to your rescue when starvation strikes.
Of all of the wholesome snack recipes I make, power balls are those I come again to most.
Between my go-to Oatmeal Vitality Balls and specialty flavors (like Pumpkin Vitality Balls, Fig Almond Vitality Balls, and Ginger Cookie Wholesome Vitality Balls), I’ve made a small hipster cafe’s price of power bites and protein ball recipes through the years.
- They’re easy to make. Merely pulse in a meals processor and roll—it doesn’t get a lot simpler than that! (Though these No Bake Granola Bars are fairly easy too!)
- They’re adaptable to simply about each dietary and life-style consideration. Want yours to be uncooked, vegan, gluten free, keto, and/or naturally sweetened? Protein balls have gotten you coated!
- AND they each gasoline your physique with good-for-you components and vitamins whereas satisfying even probably the most discerning candy tooth. (Identical goes for these Vegan Protein Bars.)
5 Star Evaluation
“Looked for this when attempting to deal with my peanut butter cup dependancy. Really feel quite a bit higher realizing I’m getting the chocolate peanut butter deliciousness with out filling my physique with who is aware of what’s within the Reese’s!”
— Lauren —
Learn how to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
These chocolate peanut butter power balls (or chocolate peanut butter bliss balls as I name them) style like morsels of chocolate peanut butter cookie dough (from my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies) however are made solely of wholesome components.
- Medjool Dates. Dates style like caramel, are excessive in fiber, and create a uncooked protein ball “dough” that’s straightforward to form (or press into these Vegan Cookie Dough Bars with Chocolate Chips). Dates are an important different to creating protein balls with out honey, maple syrup, or different sweeteners.
- Peanut Butter. Chocolate’s pure companion in crime. Have in mind your alternative of peanut butter will influence the consistency of the dough. Pure peanut butter with a thinner consistency might require additional oats. Conversely, shelf-stable peanut butter might require that you just cut back the quantity of oats (or add extra PB to compensate).
- Cocoa Powder. For a extra intense, wealthy chocolatey style.
- Chocolate Chips. As a result of why cease with simply cocoa powder when you’ll be able to add little flecks of chocolate into each indulgent chew too?
- Oats. Assist bind the protein balls collectively by absorbing extra moisture from the peanut butter. Added bonus: I really like how their refined nuttiness enhances the peanut butter.
- Chia Seeds. My favourite protein different each time I’m trying to make power balls with out protein powder. (They’re additionally my secret protein sneak in these Oatmeal Protein Cookies.)
- Soak and rehydrate your dates (if wanted). Pulse the dates in a meals processor till damaged into small bits.
- Add the oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and salt.
- Pulse till the combination is damaged down into small items, then add the cocoa powder.
At this level, the dough will seem like crumbs, however once you scoop some into your hand and press to roll it right into a ball, it ought to maintain collectively simply.
- If it appears too dry and isn’t holding collectively, add somewhat peanut butter.
- If it’s too sticky, add just a few extra oats.
The quantity you want might range primarily based upon the model of peanut butter you utilize and the moisture of the dates.
- Roll the dough into balls of your required dimension. Deal with your self instantly, or chill within the fridge till set. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Leftover power balls might be refrigerated for as much as 1 week.
- To Freeze. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Let thaw within the fridge or in a single day.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Meals Processor. I’ve owned this one for greater than 10 years. It’s straightforward to scrub and works simply in addition to the day I purchased it.
- Cookie Scoop. A small one like that is nice for making power bites of uniform dimension and form.
- Parchment Paper. Nice for lining storage containers to forestall your protein balls from sticking.
The Greatest Meals Processor
This 11-cup meals processor has a robust motor and a number of attachments, which makes it very versatile.
Whether or not for breakfast, noon snack, or late-night dessert, wholesome chocolate peanut butter protein balls are positive to fulfill.
Regularly Requested Questions
Whereas I can’t communicate to all power ball recipes, the chia seeds on this chocolate peanut butter protein balls recipe keep crisp. This recipe has simply sufficient moisture to carry the balls collectively—not sufficient to trigger the chia seeds to grow to be plump, comfortable, or gummy.
Typically! Sadly, there’s not an important substitute for dates on this explicit power ball recipe. The dates are vital for this recipe to sweeten the power balls and provides them their form. Strive these Peanut Butter Protein Balls in case you desire an power ball recipe with out dates.
Positive! Whereas I haven’t tried including protein powder to this recipe earlier than, I believe you might mess around with including just a few tablespoons. If the dough is just too dry, add somewhat extra nut butter till you get a consistency you want. You could possibly additionally strive these Protein Balls!
If your dates are dry, put them in a small bowl and canopy with boiling water. Let sit 10 minutes to rehydrate, then drain and pat dry.
Place the dates within the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse a number of instances till the dates break into small bits and type a ball that sticks to the aspect of the bowl.
Add the oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and salt.
Pulse till the combination is damaged down and in small items however not fully easy. Add the cocoa powder and pulse to mix. (At this level, the dough will seem like crumbs, however once you scoop some into your hand and press to roll it right into a ball, it ought to maintain collectively simply. If it appears too dry and is not holding collectively, add somewhat peanut butter; if it is too sticky, add just a few extra oats. The quantity you want might range primarily based upon the model of peanut butter you utilize and the moisture of the dates.)
Roll the dough into balls of your required dimension (I did barely over 1 inch and ended up with 14 power balls).
Get pleasure from instantly (the balls will likely be comfortable however scrumptious) or pop within the fridge for 10 or so minutes to permit the balls to set.
- TO STORE: Leftover chocolate peanut butter power balls might be refrigerated for as much as 1 week.
- TO FREEZE: Frozen protein balls are good for as much as 3 months. Let thaw within the fridge or in a single day.
Serving: 1(of 14)Energy: 103kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 2gFats: 4gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0.01gLdl cholesterol: 0.5mgPotassium: 153mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 27IUVitamin C: 0.03mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of at this time and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.