This keto beef and broccoli is a scrumptious restaurant fashion stir-fry that skips the carbs however retains all the flavour! Prepared in below 20 minutes and child pleasant!
How do you make a Chinese language stir-fry much less boring? Make it style like one thing you’d get at a Chinese language restaurant.
As somebody who LOVES Panda Specific, I do know their keto choices are just about non-existent. I needed to see if I might make their beef and broccoli keto. With just a few minor adjustments, that’s precisely what I did, and it’s been a keto dinner staple.
Now, this isn’t simply any keto beef stir fry. It’s made utilizing a scrumptious sauce combine utilizing each soy sauce and apple cider vinegar to hit all of the style buds. Broccoli is added on the finish and cooked till simply tender- No soggy greens right here!
Prepared in below 20 minutes and utilizing easy components, this actually tastes like traditional Chinese language take out!
Substances to make a low carb beef and broccoli
This beef and broccoli stir fry is totally customizable based mostly in your tastes. All you want is beef, broccoli, and a few key sauces and seasonings. Listed here are the important components:
- Flank steak. Sliced towards the grain and it bite-sized items. I don’t suggest pre-sliced strips, as they typically discard the outer parts of the steak, which provides the stir-fry a lot additional taste.
- Soy sauce OR liquid aminos. In case you are gluten illiberal or have a soy allergy, use liquid aminos. It has the identical taste of soy sauce.
- Lemon juice. Provides additional acidity, that holds the flavors into the meat and broccoli florets.
- Coconut oil OR canola oil. To cook dinner the meat in. Solely a small quantity shall be used, as it’s to steadiness out the sesame oil taste.
- Apple cider vinegar. Provides the meat some additional taste, particularly when paired with the soy sauce.
- Minced garlic. Garlic from a jar is okay and is less complicated than mincing it your self.
- Salt and Pepper. To style! I all the time add salt AFTER stir frying the whole lot, as including salt to your meat earlier than frying can cut back the sodium absorption.
- Toasted Sesame oil. The star ingredient that makes this beef and broccoli stir-fry higher than some other on the market! Use an excellent high quality sesame oil, as these have a really distinct taste.
- Broccoli. Contemporary broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized items.
Methods to make keto beef and broccoli
Keto broccoli beef is straightforward to make: the one factor you’ll want to recollect is should you use sirloin steak, marinate it for half-hour earlier than including it to the pan. Right here is the essential concept of the way to make broccoli beef (or see the recipe under for specifics):
- Season: Add the sauce components right into a bowl and whisk collectively. Add the steak and blend effectively.
- Sear: Preheat a non-stick pan and add a tablespoon of the sesame oil. As soon as scorching, pour the steak and half the sauce it’s in, and pan fry for 4-5 minutes, till seared on either side.
- Stir fry: Add the broccoli and stir fry into the meat combination, for round 5 minutes, till barely tender. Pour remaining sauce and sesame oil and cut back the warmth and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, or till broccoli is cooked.
Tricks to make the perfect recipe
- Slice your beef into even slices, in order that the stir fry cooks evenly all through.
- Like the meat, it’s finest on your broccoli to be chopped in related small items, for fast cooking.
- In case you use sirloin steak, we suggest marinating the meat for half-hour previous to frying.
- For the perfect seared beef, be sure the pan is scorching earlier than including the meat to it.
Beef Broccoli Variations
This recipe is so versatile, you possibly can change up the protein and greens to your style!
- Protein. Use sliced hen breast, tofu, and even some shrimp.
- Greens. Add onions, peppers, cauliflower, and even some recent spinach.
- Nuts and Seeds. Sprinkle some sesame seeds, cashews, or pumpkin seeds over the cooked stir fry.
- Spices and seasonings. Add scorching sauce, chili sauce, or purple pepper flakes so as to add a spicy kick.
- To retailer: Leftovers will be saved within the fridge, in a lined container. The stir fry will be refrigerated for as much as 1 week.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled stir fry in an hermetic container and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 6 months.
- Reheating: Microwave parts for 30-40 seconds, till scorching.
Extra keto stir fry recipes to strive
Often Requested Questions
There are simply 3 grams of web carbs per serving.
you possibly can’t discover flank steak, you can too use sirloin or skirt steak. Just like the flank steak, you need it sliced towards the grain, and with seen fats eliminated.
I don’t suggest utilizing leaner cuts of beef, in any other case, by the point the broccoli is cooked, your meat shall be dry.
Cooked broccoli is finest loved crisp and tender, so pre-cooking it’ll result’s comfortable and brittle broccoli. If the broccoli isn’t cooked to your liking, you possibly can proceed to let it simmer on low till your required texture.
Slice the steak towards the grain, in chew sized strips. Place in a mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively your coconut oil, soy sauce, minced garlic, and apple cider vinegar and blend effectively. Pour over the steak to make sure the sauce covers all of the meat.
Warmth a non-stick pan with one tablespoon of sesame oil. When scorching, add your marinated steak and half the sauce it’s in. Sear for five minutes, turning midway by means of, for the steak to cook dinner either side.
Add the second tablespoon of sesame oil and add the broccoli and the remainder of the sauce. Prepare dinner for 10 minutes, till the broccoli is tender. Cut back warmth to low and proceed simmering till the broccoli is cooked to your required texture.
TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers within the freezer, for as much as 6 months. You’ll want to hold them in both an entire portion or single parts, as they can’t be refrozen.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 26g | Fats: 13g | Sodium: 1771mg | Potassium: 1141mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 567IU | Vitamin C: 82mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 5mg | NET CARBS: 3g