These keto French fries look and style like actual deal fries minus the carbs! This simple recipe wants simply 3 elements and may be baked or air fried, and have lower than 3 grams of web carbs per serving.
Rising up, French fries had been their very own meals group.
Every time it was my flip to decide on what we ate for dinner, I might all the time request one thing with fries.
Whereas conventional French fries should not appropriate for a keto food plan, you can also make your individual with greens like zucchini, turnips, or rutabaga.
Are rutabaga low in carbs?
Not like most root greens, rutabagas are a low carb vegetable. They’re very low in carbs and include simply 3 grams of web carbs per cup serving. As a result of they appear and style like potatoes, they’re excellent to make use of them to make French fries!
Why this keto fries recipe might be a quick meals craving crusher-
- No almond or coconut flour wanted. Most related recipes really don’t use any greens in them and use a formulation of flours and thickeners. Certain, they could seem like fries, however that’s it.
- Simply 3 elements. Rutabagas, oil, and seasonings!
- Air fryer or oven directions. You may both bake them within the oven or cook dinner them within the air fryer.
- 3 grams web carbs per serving. Not like conventional fries, you received’t get kicked out of ketosis for having fun with these.
What I like about these fries is simply how simple and scrumptious they’re. Pair it with keto burgers, serve it with rooster, fried rooster, or rooster nuggets, or pair it with one in every of these keto dinner concepts.
How you can make keto French fries
- Rutabagas- Washed, peeled, and sliced into 1/4 inch thick fries.
- Olive oil- Offers the fries taste and the crispy exterior.
- Rosemary- A should for any good home made French fries. Recent rosemary is finest, however dried rosemary can be utilized in a pinch!
- Salt and pepper- To style.
Begin by chopping your rutabagas into skinny 1/4-inch slices and place them in a mixing bowl.
Subsequent, drizzle with olive oil, earlier than including the rosemary, salt, and pepper, and mixing properly.
Now, place the fries on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes, or till golden brown. Serve instantly with ketchup, bbq sauce, or your favourite keto condiments.
Can I make these within the air fryer?
For air fryer keto fries, put together them as instructed. When able to cook dinner, add them to a single layer in an air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes, flipping them midway via.
What can I exploit as an alternative of rutabaga?
In the event you don’t have rutabaga readily available, use turnips. It’s fairly related with a barely milder taste.
Tricks to make the very best recipe
- Shake the pan each 5 minutes for them to cook dinner evenly and be further crispy.
- For further crispy and crunchy fries, soak them in chilly water for a minimum of Half-hour earlier than seasoning them.
- Change up the flavour by including completely different spices, like taco seasoning or cayenne pepper, for a spicy kick!
Storing, freezing, and reheating directions
- To retailer: Leftover fries ought to be saved within the fridge, lined, for as much as 3 days.
- To freeze: Place raw fries in a ziplock bag and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 6 months. You may cook dinner them from frozen, however enhance the bake time to 25-Half-hour.
- Reheating: Both reheat in a preheated oven or a non-stick pan. Keep away from microwaving them or else they are going to be limp and soggy.
Extra salty keto snacks to attempt
Often Requested Questions
If you’re after one thing salty and snacky, skip making fries altogether and make keto popcorn. It’s nearly carb free.
Every kind of potatoes include carbs, together with Yukon gold, russet, and extra.
No, McDonald’s fries should not appropriate for a low carb food plan and have too many web carbs.
- 2 giant rutabagas washed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary recent or dried
- 1 teaspoon salt to style
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to style
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice your rutabagas into skinny, 1/8 inch slices. Place them in a mixing bowl. Add your olive oil and blend properly. Add the spices and blend till the rutabaga are properly coated in it.
Switch the seasoned rutabaga fries to the lined sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes, tossing each 5 minutes.
Take away from the oven and luxuriate in instantly.
TO FREEZE: Place raw fries in a ziplock bag and retailer them within the freezer for as much as 6 months. You may cook dinner them from frozen, however enhance the bake time to 25-Half-hour.
TO REHEAT: Both reheat in a preheated oven or a non-stick pan. Keep away from microwaving them or else they are going to be limp and soggy.
Serving: 1serving | Energy: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 5g | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 1179mg | Fiber: 12g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 97mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 2mg | NET CARBS: 3g