Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Meals Record
Get It Now
This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks, which assist maintain this content material free. (Full disclosure)
It’s Mexican evening and you recognize the salsa and guacamole are going to be superb, however what in case you’re following a keto eating regimen? You want low carb chips! However can keto tortilla chips truly style good and pair nicely with guacamole? Sure, they will!
When you’ve been following my keto recipes, you recognize I’m a agency believer that nearly any meals could be made keto — and this keto chips recipe isn’t any exception. Serve it with the very best guacamole, or pairing different concepts on the backside of this submit, the subsequent time you’re craving Mexican meals. They’re further crispy and seasoned together with your typical tortilla chip flavors.
I exploit almond flour to create the very best impartial chip base that pairs with any dip — Healthful Yum Almond Flour, to be actual! This one has an extremely effective consistency, so chips bake up crispy, not gritty.
How Many Carbs In Tortilla Chips?
Since standard tortilla chips include white flour or corn, they’re excessive in carbs. A 1-ounce serving of plain tortilla chips comprises 19.1 grams complete carbs and 17.8 grams web carbs [*].
Are Tortilla Chips Keto?
Typical tortilla chips should not keto, as a result of the quantity of web carbs is just too excessive for the typical serving measurement. However there’s excellent news: It’s simple to make your individual low carb chips with easy elements!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Tortilla Chips Recipe
- Genuine corn taste
- Mild, crispy texture
- Takes 20 minutes, begin to end
- Simple to make forward or freeze
- 4g web carbs per beneficiant serving
- Holds as much as hearty dips as a keto appetizer, but flavorful all on their very own for a keto snack!
Substances You’ll Want
This part explains how to decide on the very best elements for keto chips, what each does within the recipe, and substitution choices. For measurements, see the recipe card beneath.
- Healthful Yum Almond Flour – The perfect flour for gentle and crispy keto chips! It comprises only one ingredient — California almonds — and folds simply into the dough. I exploit this for all my almond flour recipes, as a result of it’s tremendous effective and blanched, for the very best texture. Utilizing different manufacturers can have various, generally gritty, outcomes.
- Spices – Chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and sea salt. Be happy to omit any spices you don’t like, however I like to recommend all of them for the very best taste. You possibly can additionally add onion powder or cayenne pepper in case you like.
- Egg – Use a complete, giant egg. Carton eggs or flax eggs must also work, however I’ve not examined them.
- Candy Corn Extract – The key ingredient that provides corn taste, with out the corn carbs (and the identical one I exploit in keto cornbread and keto popcorn!). You possibly can nonetheless get crispy chips with out it, however you’ll miss out on the flavour.
- Mozzarella Cheese – This helps enhance the feel of the chips, much like a fathead dough. You should use a unique laborious keto cheese equivalent to cheddar, however the taste and texture will change.
VARIATION: Dairy-free model created from precise tortillas!
If you wish to strive one thing totally different, make my almond flour tortilla recipe, then lower into items and dry out within the oven at 250 levels, till crispy. The outcomes are totally different, however each variations are scrumptious.
How To Make Keto Chips
This part exhibits tips on how to make low carb chips, with step-by-step images and particulars concerning the method. For full directions, see the recipe card beneath.
- Combine dry elements. Combine collectively almond flour and spices.
- Add moist elements. Add whisked egg and corn extract, and beat with a hand mixer till crumbly.
- Soften cheeses. In a microwave-safe bowl, soften mozzarella till mushy and simple to stir.
- Combine dough. Mix the almond flour combination with melted mozzarella, kneading together with your fingers and squeezing between your fingers, till a uniform dough varieties. There needs to be no streaks of mozzarella seen.
TIP: Dough not mixing collectively?
Warmth it once more within the microwave for a 15-20 seconds to melt it, then knead once more. It’s also possible to combine in a meals processor to make it simpler, in case you’d like.
- Roll and lower dough. Place the dough between sheets of parchment paper and roll into a really skinny sheet (roughly 1/16 inch thick). Use a pointy knife or pizza cutter to chop into triangles.
- Bake. Place triangles on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer, with area between the items. Bake till golden and agency.
- Cool. Let the keto chips cool fully to crisp up.
Suggestions For The Greatest Low Carb Tortilla Chips
When you’ve by no means made a keto chips recipe earlier than, listed here are a number of tricks to prevent some trial and error. The method has lots of similarities to almond flour crackers.
These a very easy to make, however following these pointers will make your keto chips come out excellent.
- Roll the dough to even thickness. If it’s uneven, some components received’t crisp up whereas others will burn… and whereas they’ll nonetheless be good, you’ll like them higher in the event that they’re all cooked nicely. When you see some begin to burn whereas others aren’t performed, you possibly can take them out and go away the remaining within the oven to complete.
- Roll the dough out as skinny as you possibly can. The thinner it’s, the extra chip-like they are going to be. If it’s too thick, they may not crisp up or will probably be extra like crackers.
- Select the fitting measurement chips on your wants. Bigger chips are higher for dips, however smaller ones are excellent for consuming on their very own.
- Don’t waste the leftover dough. In case you have leftover dough after reducing up your low carb chips, you possibly can press it collectively, type a ball, and roll out once more to make extra.
- Use a pizza stone when you have one. For further crisp low carb chips, make them on a pizza stone like this, lined with parchment paper.
- Select the correct of almond flour. Use blanched finely floor almond flour to get probably the most genuine texture on your no carb tortilla chips. Almond meal is okay, however they may resemble multi-grain crackers in style and texture.
- Retailer: To maintain low carb tortilla chips crispy, retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for 3-5 days, or within the fridge for 7-10 days.
- Freeze: Maintain chips within the freezer for 3-6 months for long-term storage.
TIP: Refrigerating or freezing can soften keto chips, however you possibly can repair it simply.
In case your chips get mushy, you possibly can reheat them within the oven at low temperature to crisp them proper up! Normally, 10 to fifteen minutes at 200 levels F works nicely.
What To Serve With Keto Pleasant Tortilla Chips
Serve up your gluten-free keto tortilla chips together with your favourite dips and sauces:
Strive the low carb chips with different keto Mexican recipes, too:
Extra Keto Chips Recipes
No want to surrender crispy chips on keto! Strive these different mouthwatering recipes.
Reader Favourite Recipes
The recipe card is beneath! Readers that made this additionally considered these recipes:
Low Carb Keto Tortilla Chips (Crispy & Simple!)
You will love this simple keto chips recipe! These crispy low carb keto tortilla chips use frequent pantry elements, and so they’re prepared in solely 20 minutes.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook dinner: 10 minutes
Whole: 20 minutes
Servings: 7 (regulate to scale recipe)
Faucet on the picture beneath to observe the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for wholesome recipes weekly! (Click on the bell icon to be notified after I submit a brand new video.)
Faucet underlined elements to see the place to get them. Please flip Safari reader mode OFF to view elements.
Faucet on the instances within the directions beneath to begin a kitchen timer when you cook dinner.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F (177 levels C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, combine collectively the almond flour and spices.
Add the egg and the corn extract (if utilizing), and blend utilizing a hand mixer, till a crumbly dough varieties.
In a small bowl, microwave the mozzarella till it is melted and simple to stir. (Alternatively, you possibly can soften it utilizing a double broiler on the range.) Add to the dough combination and knead/squeeze together with your fingers till nicely included. If it stops incorporating earlier than it is totally blended, you possibly can reheat it for 15-20 seconds once more earlier than kneading extra.
Place the dough between two giant items of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll out very skinny, about 1/16 in (2 mm) thick.
Minimize the dough into triangles and organize in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet, with area between the items.
Bake for 8-12 minutes, till golden and agency. The chips could launch some scorching oil on the highest – simply pat dry with a paper towel. They’ll crisp up as they cool.
Serving measurement: 10 1.5″ chips
Quantity per serving. Serving measurement in recipe notes above.
Whole Carbs 8g
Internet Carbs 4g
Vitamin info are offered as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you bought a unique end result? Please see our diet coverage.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthful Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or web sites. We’d LOVE so that you can share a hyperlink with photograph as an alternative. 🙂