Twice-baked Pesto Spaghetti Squash topped with Parmesan is a scrumptious concept that’s excellent for a low-carb meatless meal or a tacky facet dish.
Are you a fan of spaghetti squash? It’s became a favourite fall vegetable for many individuals as a result of it’s low in carbs, low in energy, and versatile. For years I grew spaghetti squash in my backyard, and though I’m not particularly a fan of it as an alternative to pasta, I like to eat spaghetti squash as a facet dish or as the bottom of a bowl meal.
And fall is when spaghetti squash reveals up within the shops or Farmers markets, so I’m that includes this recipe as my Friday Favorites choose this week to remind you about this extremely fashionable Pesto Spaghetti Squash that’s baked and shredded aside, blended with pesto and Parmesan, and baked once more in a casserole dish. Yum!
And spaghetti squash reveals up within the backyard concerning the time you’ve been making Pesto and storing it within the freezer, though in the event you don’t have any home made pesto you may actually use my favourite pesto in a jar for this recipe.
What elements do you want for this recipe?
- spaghetti squash
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- Italian Herb Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink), or use different seasoning of your selection
- Basil Pesto (affiliate hyperlink), roughly to style
- coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and contemporary floor black pepper
Need extra spaghetti squash recipes?
Try Spaghetti Squash Recipes for extra methods to make use of this favourite fall vegetable. This put up was included in a round-up of Tacky Low-Carb Spaghetti Squash Recipes.
Do you like Pesto?
Try Low-Carb and Keto Recipes with Pesto for extra tasty concepts utilizing basil pesto!
Easy methods to make Pesto Spaghetti Squash:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary data.)
- Minimize spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and use a pointy spoon to scrape out the seeds and stringy gunk that’s across the seeds.
- Rub the reduce sides with some olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of Italian Herb Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink).
- Roast the squash at 400F/200C till the squash pulls aside simply with a fork like this.
- I had a extremely large squash so I scraped all of it out right into a baking dish to combine the pesto and Parmesan with the squash. (You may do that in the identical dish you bake it in in the event you’re not taking images!)
- Right here’s the way it regarded when the squash, pesto, and Parmesan was evenly blended.
- I transferred it to this baking dish which is about 12 inches by 8 inches. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake 20-Half-hour extra, or till it’s effervescent and beginning to brown.
- Serve sizzling, with extra Parmesan so as to add on the desk if desired.
Make It A Low-Carb Meal:
Pesto Spaghetti Squash would style nice served with Grilled Boneless Pork Chops, Rooster Souvlaki, Grilled Cuban Flank Steak, Baked Parmesan Crusted Rooster, or Air Fryer Rooster Drumsticks for a low-carb meal.
Extra Meatless Concepts for Spaghetti Squash:
Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash
Greek Salad Spaghetti Squash Bowl
Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl
Spaghetti Squash with Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter
Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash With Kale
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class known as Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you may prep or prepare dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- 1 massive spaghetti squash (see notes)
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 tsp. Italian Herb Mix (or use different seasoning of your selection)
- 3 T basil pesto (roughly to style)
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and contemporary floor black pepper to style
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Wash exterior of spaghetti squash if it’s soiled, then reduce squash in half lengthwise.
- Use a pointy pointed spoon to scrape out seeds and stringy gunk that’s across the seeds.
- Minimize ends off squash if desired, then rub inside floor with olive oil and Italian Herb Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink).
- Put squash on baking sheet that you just’ve sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Roast squash, beginning to test after about 40 minutes and eradicating when squash continues to be agency however strings aside pretty simply into spaghetti-like strands. (It took about 50 minutes for the big items of squash I had.)
- Let squash cool a couple of minutes if wanted, then scrape out strands right into a plastic bowl or baking pan and discard skins.
- Gently combine in pesto and the cup of coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, season with salt and contemporary floor black pepper.
- Then pour squash/cheese combination right into a gratin dish and prime with 1/4 cup extra Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20-Half-hour extra, till combination is barely effervescent and cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Serve sizzling.
Search for a spaghetti squash that is about 6 lbs.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 160Whole Fats: 11gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 7gLdl cholesterol: 15mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Diet data is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Eating regimen / Low-Glycemic Eating regimen / South Seashore Eating regimen Options:
Pesto Spaghetti Squash is an ideal facet dish for low-carb or Keto consuming plans. I’d eat it for any section of the unique South Seashore Eating regimen, nevertheless it is likely to be a bit excessive in fats in the event you’re following the letter of the legislation for South Seashore.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Facet Dishes for extra recipes like this one. Use the Eating regimen Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2009, and it’s been actually fashionable on the location ever since then. It was final up to date with extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.