This scrumptious Roasted Crimson Pepper Sauce tastes superb, doesn’t want many substances, and is totally simple to make! And make sure you take a look at my ideas for 20 issues that might style nice with the Roasted Crimson Pepper and Garlic Aioli Sauce!
Say howdy to one among my favourite sauce recipes once I need one thing simple however spectacular. I first tried this Roasted Pepper and Garlic Aioli Sauce when my good friend Margarethe made it for a celebration a few years in the past, and since then I’ve been consuming it on all the things! This sauce isn’t spicy, but it surely’s stuffed with taste from the roasted pink bell peppers and garlic, and barely creamy from the mayo and olive oil.
By way of the years I’ve loved it many occasions on Grilled Garlic Rooster, frittata, scrambled eggs, and grilled fish. Look beneath for hyperlinks to twenty extra serving ideas for this superb sauce! And this has turn out to be such a favourite for me that I’m that includes it as my Friday Favorites choose for this week; hope you’ll attempt it if you want a particular sauce to impress your loved ones or pals!
What substances do you want for this recipe?
The place did my good friend first discover this Roasted Crimson Pepper Sauce recipe?
Margarethe discovered the recipe in Giada’s Household Dinners (affiliate hyperlink) the place it was served with toasted garlic bread, however as quickly as I tasted the pink pepper aioli that Margarethe made I began pondering of low-carb choices you may eat with it.
What makes this roasted pink pepper sauce particularly good?
Should you google it, there are in all probability actually a whole bunch of recipes for roasted pink pepper sauce. However I’m all about EASY, and I really like that this sauce can begin with a jar of roasted pink peppers, and it actually takes a couple of minutes to make with a meals processor. Then chill for a couple of hours and you’ve got a tremendous sauce that can impress your pals!
What’s Aioli Sauce?
Aioli is a creamy emulsion sauce that’s much like mayonnaise, and it’s use in cuisines around the globe. Though they’re comparable, traditional Aioli will not be the identical as mayo. Now that Aioli has turn out to be stylish although, there are numerous variations to the sauce, but it surely nearly all the time incorporates garlic.
Are you able to make this sauce with freshly-roasted pink peppers?
You could possibly positively make the pink pepper sauce much more spectacular by roasting pink peppers on a grill to make the sauce, however I positively thought it was utterly scrumptious made with Roasted Crimson Peppers in a jar (affiliate hyperlink).
The best way to make the Roasted Crimson Pepper Sauce:
(Scroll down for full recipe together with dietary data.)
- You could possibly begin by roasting pink peppers on a grill when you want, however I liked the sauce made with Roasted Crimson Peppers in a jar (affiliate hyperlink).
- The unique recipe didn’t use the entire jar of peppers, however I tailored it to make use of 2 entire roasted peppers or a 12 oz. jar of roasted pink peppers. Should you’re utilizing peppers from a jar, they have to be drained very nicely.
- Then use a double layer of paper towel and blot each side of the peppers as dry as you may get them. (Don’t skip doing this or the aioli shall be watery.)
- Coarsely chop the peppers (you need to have about 1 cup of chopped pepper.)
- Put peppers and garlic within the meals processor and course of for 20-30 seconds, till peppers are largely pureed.
- Add the mayo and pulse about 8-10 occasions, till the mayo is blended nicely with the peppers. (You could have to scrape down the perimeters a few times.)
- Then depart the motor working and add the olive oil, one tablespoon at a time, whereas the processor is working.
- Season the completed aioli with a little bit of sea salt and recent floor black pepper.
- Utilizing the entire jar of peppers or two entire freshly-roasted pink peppers will provide you with about 1 1/2 cups of pink pepper sauce, or about 8 servings when you use 3 tablespoons because the serving dimension.
- I favored it after it chilled for an hour or two, when the sauce had barely thickened.
- This may preserve for greater than per week within the fridge, but it surely in all probability received’t final that lengthy.
- And we completely liked the sauce on the Grilled Garlic Rooster that was the very first thing I attempted it on!
20 Issues to Eat with Roasted Crimson Pepper Sauce:
Greek Meatballs (already examined with the sauce by my good friend Bonnie!)
Air Fryer Turnip Fries
Spicy Grilled Eggplant
Air Fryer Marinated Rooster Breasts
Oven-Fried Inexperienced Tomatoes
Rosemary Mustard Grilled Rooster
Sauteed Scallops with Garlic
Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts
Straightforward Garlic and Lemon Shrimp
Baked Rooster Nuggets
Air Fryer Pork Loin Roast
Grilled Boneless Pork Chops
Baked Cilantro Lime Rooster
Beef and Sausage Meatloaf
Grilled Rooster and Veggie Kabobs
Turkey Parmesan Meatballs
Spicy Air Fryer Fish
Grilled Rooster with Tarragon Mustard Marinade
(If anybody tries the sauce paired with different issues and finds a winner, please share within the feedback!)
- one 12 oz. jar roasted pink peppers (see notes)
- 1 T garlic puree or minced garlic (or rather less when you’re not that into garlic)
- 1/2 cup mayo (see notes)
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and recent floor black pepper to style
- Observe directions for roasting and peeling freshly roasted pink peppers when you’re utilizing recent peppers. If utilizing a jar of pink peppers, put peppers right into a colander positioned within the sink and let drain for a couple of minutes. Then use a double layer of paper towels to blot each side of the peppers, drying them off as a lot as you possibly can.
- Coarsely chop peppers.
- Put chopped peppers and garlic into the bowl of a meals processor fitted with the metal blade and course of about 20-30 seconds, till peppers and garlic are finely pureed.
- Add mayo and pulse about 8-10 occasions, or till mayo is well-mixed with the peppers. (You could have to scrape down the perimeters with a rubber scraper a couple of occasions.)
- Depart the motor working and add the olive oil via the feed tube, 1 T at a time, mixing for a couple of seconds after every tablespoon of oil.
- Season sauce to style with sea salt and recent floor black pepper.
- I like this greatest when it’s been chilled for an hour or two, which is able to barely thicken the sauce.
- This aioli retains for a minimum of per week within the fridge, however you in all probability received’t have it round that lengthy!
You should utilize 2 freshly roasted pink peppers or about 1 cup diced roasted pink pepper when you want. I used full-fat mayo, however reduced-fat mayo would additionally work.
Dietary data is predicated on a serving dimension of three tablespoons of sauce.
Recipe tailored barely from Giada’s Household Dinners.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 163Complete Fats: 17gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 14gLdl cholesterol: 6mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Diet data is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Eating regimen / Low-Glycemic Eating regimen / South Seaside Eating regimen Recommendations:
This roasted pink pepper sauce is low-carb, Keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, low-glycemic, Paleo, Entire 30, and vegan. The sauce has mayo and olive oil, but it surely has extra roasted pink pepper than high-fat substances, so even when you use full-fat mayo like I did, I believe a couple of tablespoons of this spooned over some lean hen or fish could be okay for any section of the unique South Seaside Eating regimen.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Sauce Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Eating regimen Kind Index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2010 when my good friend Margarethe introduced it to a celebration at my home! It was final up to date with extra data and serving ideas in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.