For the proper fall transition dinner, strive Rosemary Rooster Thighs. Crispy, juicy hen thighs roasted within the oven with rosemary, apples, Brussels sprouts, and a sinfully good honey dijon sauce, this recipe will grow to be an immediate winner all season lengthy.
Meet your new favourite one-pan dinner marvel: rosemary hen thighs.
Full with a serving of fruit (apples), greens (Brussels sprouts), and protein (hen thighs), this straightforward oven recipe comes collectively in underneath 45 minutes and couldn’t be simpler to arrange.
True to its place amongst different one pan greats like Sheet Pan Rooster with Rainbow Greens and Sheet Pan Rooster with Candy Potatoes Apples and Brussels Sprouts, at this time’s rosemary hen thighs provide quick prep and simple cleanup.
- The sticky-sweet honey mustard sauce and aromatic contemporary rosemary sprigs are the perfect hen seasoning for fall and winter.
- It’s cozy and the proper combination of harvest flavors (like these Baked Acorn Squash Slices).
- When you have any apple selecting in your future, this recipe is a perfect method to benefit from the fruits of your labor.
This recipe highlights traditional consolation meals with a fall twist!
5 Star Assessment
“This can be a new favourite in our home!!! It’s SO SIMPLE to make and but the flavour appears to go all via the hen.”
— Margaret —
How one can Make Crispy Rosemary Rooster Thighs
This baked rosemary hen recipe is extremely satisfying and gives advanced layers of taste that develop throughout high-temperature roasting.
- The oven tenderizes and concentrates the Brussels sprouts’ taste (like in these Balsamic Brussels Sprouts).
- The apples break down right into a jammy sauce that you just’ll wish to spoon over all the pieces.
- The onions grow to be tantalizingly crisp, virtually as in the event that they’ve been fried.
And, the rosemary thighs themselves?
They could be my very favourite half.
The rosemary perfumes them with taste, and the pores and skin is so darkish and golden, you could by no means need your baked hen every other approach once more (you should definitely try my Baked Rooster Thighs and Baked Bone In Rooster Breast too!).
- Rooster. Whereas I like chicken a lot of the time, on this recipe, it’s bone-in, skin-on hen thighs that shine. Thigh meat (particularly bone-in thigh meat) is much less vulnerable to overcooking, that means it may possibly stand up to high-temperature roasting. Thighs are naturally moist and juicy, so no added butter or cooking liquid (like hen broth or white wine) is required.
- Brussels Sprouts. Extra crispy on the skin, tender on the within motion. Roasted Brussels sprouts are certainly one of my biggest vegetable loves (see all of my greatest Brussel sprouts recipes as proof) and complement the flavors on this dish.
- Onion. Roasted onions are extremely underrated. Their roasted taste is a tasty mix of savory and candy. As a result of this recipe cooks at a excessive temperature, the ideas of the onion slices grow to be darkish and crispy and supply a pleasant textural counterpoint.
- Apple. The apples will break down once they roast within the hen’s juices in an unexpectedly scrumptious approach. Scoop them proper up with the Brussels sprouts, pile a bit onto your fork with the hen, and revel in a style in each chunk.
- Dijon Mustard. Only a tablespoon is all you could give the greens a pleasant little bit of life and zip. (For extra vegetable roasting pairing concepts, see my Oven Roasted Greens information.)
- Honey. Mustard’s BFF. The honey offers the greens a tasty glaze. Don’t be alarmed when the greens flip very darkish. That is the honey caramelizing.
- Salt and Pepper. Be beneficiant. Seasoning is important to unlocking the flavour of the hen.
- Recent Rosemary. Don’t be tempted to swap dry. Recent is what will provide you with the autumn taste you might be craving. It’s price it, I promise.
You’ll be able to modify the flavour of this recipe in so some ways. Add different herbs or strive incorporating some entire roasted cloves of garlic, lemon wedges, or lemon zest. (Lemon rosemary hen? Sure, please!)
- Toss the apple and veggies with oil, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the skin-on hen thighs and season them.
TIPS FOR CRISPY SKIN
- Dry hen thighs (particularly the pores and skin) are important for acquiring probably the most scrumptious, crispy exterior. Don’t wash the hen previous to cooking (I’m actually now certain how this observe even began), and be sure you pat either side dry with a paper towel.
- Bake them pores and skin aspect up. This retains the pores and skin dry and it bakes to golden, crispy perfection.
- Roast till the veggies are crispy and the hen is cooked via.
The easiest way to know when hen thighs are totally cooked is to make use of an instant-read thermometer. Once they attain an inside temperature of 165 levels F, they’re able to serve.
- Broil till the hen pores and skin is golden and the pores and skin is crispy. Season and ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Place cooked hen thighs and greens in separate containers, and retailer them within the fridge for as much as two days.
- To Reheat. Take away the leftovers from the fridge, and allow them to come to room temperature. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and heat in a 325-degree F oven for 10 to fifteen minutes, or till heated via. Season with a bit of additional salt and extra contemporary rosemary as wanted.
Strive rosemary hen leftover over a mattress of greens. It’s particularly scrumptious served over this Harvest Salad too.
Oven Roasted Potatoes
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Greatest Sheet Pans
Sed posuere consectetur est at lobortis. Aenean eu leo quam. Pellentesque ornare sem lacinia quam venenatis vestibulum.
This one-pan rosemary hen dinner will mild up your desk and make your wholesome dinner routine simpler. I hope they provide the best possible style of fall.
Steadily Requested Questions
Positive! You’ll lose the golden pores and skin and the meat gained’t be *as* moist, however they are going to nonetheless be tasty. Be aware the thighs will cook dinner extra rapidly, so you could wish to give the veggies a head begin (see Baked Rooster Thighs for assorted cooking occasions).
For those who’d like so as to add different contemporary or dried herbs to this recipe, thyme and sage are two fantastic choices to think about attempting.
Rosemary has a stunning earthy, woodsy style and aroma. Some individuals discover it to have a robust taste, so be at liberty to regulate the quantity to fit your style preferences.
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts* ends trimmed and halved (see notice)
- 1 medium yellow onion* thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium tart apple* resembling Granny Smith, halved, cored, and lower into 8 wedges*
- 2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 1/2 to three kilos bone-in skin-on hen thighs about 5 thighs
- 5 sprigs contemporary rosemary plus extra chopped contemporary rosemary for serving
Positions racks within the heart and higher thirds of your oven, and preheat the oven to 425 levels F.
Organize the onion, apple slices, and Brussels sprouts within the heart of a big, rimmed baking sheet. Prime with 1 tablespoon oil, honey, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat, then unfold in a good layer.
Nestle the hen onto the sheet pan in the direction of its heart, pores and skin aspect up, shifting the apple and greens apart as wanted in order that the hen sits instantly on the sheet pan. Pat the hen dry, and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil excessive. Lay a sprig of rosemary on prime of every piece of hen. (When you have extra thighs than sprigs, lower the sprigs into items as wanted and divvy them up.)
Bake the hen and greens on the middle rack for quarter-hour. Take away the pan from the oven, and use a spatula to stir the greens. Return the pan to the oven, and proceed baking for five to 10 minutes, till the hen is cooked via. It is going to register 165 levels F on an instant-read thermometer inserted on the thickest half. If some items of the hen end before others, take away them to a plate and proceed cooking the remaining items till they’re accomplished. The apples will grow to be very comfortable and break down, and the onions and Brussels sprouts will darken and grow to be tremendous crisp (that is the honey caramelizing).
Take away the pan from the oven, then take away and discard the rosemary springs. Return any hen items you eliminated earlier to the pan. Flip the oven to broil. Place the pan on the higher third of the oven and broil for two to three minutes, till the pores and skin is golden and crispy. (This step will crisp the veggies additional, too; in the event you want them to not proceed crisping, take away them from the pan previous to broiling, or place the hen on a special lined baking sheet.)
Take away the pan from the oven, and season the hen with an additional pinch of salt and chopped contemporary rosemary. Serve the hen scorching with the apples and veggies.
- TO STORE: Place cooked hen and veggies in separate containers, and retailer within the fridge for as much as two days.
- TO REHEAT: Take away the leftovers from the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and heat in a 325-degree F oven for 10 to fifteen minutes, or till heated via. Season with a bit of additional salt and extra contemporary rosemary as wanted.
- *MORE VEGGIES: The recipe, as written, yields a average quantity of veggies per individual. We like a beneficiant serving, so I are inclined to double the Brussels sprouts, apple, and onion combination (in addition to the honey, mustard, oil, and salt and pepper that go on prime of them). Then, bake the additional greens on a separate sheet pan similtaneously the hen. Relying upon your oven, you could want to increase the baking time by a couple of minutes since it is going to be extra crowded.
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 672kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 43gFats: 48gSaturated Fats: 12gPolyunsaturated Fats: 9gMonounsaturated Fats: 22gTrans Fats: 0.2gLdl cholesterol: 236mgPotassium: 925mgFiber: 5gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 862IUVitamin C: 76mgCalcium: 69mgIron: 3mg
Be part of at this time and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.