Tuna Croquettes are budget-friendly, made with pantry staple canned tuna, potato, and dill that’s breaded and baked within the oven or air fryer.
I’ve been attempting to provide you with some financial recipes since groceries costs have elevated. Canned tuna and potatoes are budget-friendly, and I feel these croquettes turned out nice and tremendous straightforward. I like having an open-face tuna fish sandwich or Tuna Egg Salad for lunch, or typically even a Tuna Soften. However canned tuna is not only for salad, it’s nice on this croquette recipe or attempt my common Tuna Noodle Casserole. You possibly can see all my canned tuna recipes right here.
What could be extra funds pleasant then canned tuna and potatoes! Mixed they make a straightforward dish you may have for lunch or dinner. Tuna croquettes are nice served over a giant inexperienced salad with a number of lemon juice for the dressing. You may even have them as a predominant dish with a facet of veggies and tartar sauce for dipping.
What are tuna croquettes?
These straightforward tuna croquettes are small truffles full of mashed potatoes and canned tuna. Croquettes are typically breaded and fried, however I air fry or bake them for a lighter possibility.
Tuna Croquette Elements
- Tuna: Use two 5-ounce cans of chunk gentle tuna in water, drain and flake aside.
- Potato: Peel and dice one massive russet potato after which boil them for 15 to 18 minutes. As soon as they’re gentle, drain and mash earlier than including to the opposite substances.
- Elements for Taste: Dill, crimson onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Coating: Dip the croquettes within the egg after which panko. Use gluten-free panko for gluten-free croquettes.
Air Fryer Tuna Croquettes
The air fryer will ship crispier outcomes than the oven, however each strategies work. Earlier than cooking the croquettes, spray them with oil so the panko will get crispy. If you happen to’re air frying, air fry for 10 minutes at 350 levels, turning midway, till they’re golden.
Baked Tuna Croquettes Recipe
It’s also possible to bake them within the oven at 375 levels for 22 to 24 minutes, turning midway
- Recent Herbs – Swap the dill for any recent herbs, comparable to parsley or chives.
- Different canned fish –use canned salmon or sardines instead of fish.
- Leftover fish –Used any leftover cooked fish instead of canned tuna fish.
Extra Croquette and Cake Recipes You’ll Love:
Tuna Croquettes are budget-friendly, made with pantry staple canned tuna, potato, and dill that is breaded and baked within the oven or air fryer.
- 2 5 ounce cans chunk gentle tuna, in water, drained and flaked aside
- 1 massive 10 ounce russet potato, peeled and reduce into small cubes, 9 ounces peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons minced crimson onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 teaspoon recent lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to style
- olive oil spray
- 1 massive egg, crushed
- 3/4 cup plain or gluten-free panko, *
- lemon wedges, for squeezing
- tartar sauce, elective for serving
Place the potatoes in a small sauce pan and canopy with water. Cook dinner on medium- excessive warmth till potatoes are tender, about 15 to 18 minutes then drain.
Mash in a big bowl and mix with the tuna, dill, mayo, crimson onion, Dijon, lemon juice and salt and black pepper and place within the freezer 10 minutes.
Place a beneficiant 1/4 cup of combination in hand and gently roll into 8 logs.
Place the crushed egg in a small bowl, the breadcrumbs in one other bowl.
Dip the croquettes within the egg, then into the panko and put aside on a board. Spray either side of the croquettes with olive oil.
*2 TBSP GET TOSSED, DEDUCTED FROM N.I
Serving: 2croquettes, Energy: 197kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 22.5g, Fats: 2g, Saturated Fats: 0.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 68mg, Sodium: 364.5mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 1.5g