Mushy, thick and fluffy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes are loaded with contemporary blueberries. They’re one of the best weekend morning breakfast!
Vegan blueberry buttermilk pancakes are simply as simple to make as my Easy Vegan Pancakes and Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes. The batter is straightforward and made with simply 7 elements in a single bowl. If you happen to want gluten free pancakes, merely swap the flour for gluten free flour as a substitute!
The pancakes get even higher once you high them with vegan whipped cream, maple syrup, and extra blueberries. Serve a stack for weekend breakfasts or Sunday brunch and luxuriate in!
Components wanted (with substitutions)
- Dairy free milk – Unsweetened dairy free milk is blended with vinegar to make vegan buttermilk. Any milk will do, like soy milk, cashew milk, almond milk, or oat milk.
- Apple cider vinegar – Mixing vinegar with dairy free milk will trigger the milk to curdle, providing you with vegan buttermilk. If you happen to don’t have apple cider vinegar, use white vinegar or lemon juice as a substitute.
- All function flour – Or substitute it for complete wheat pastry flour, gluten free all function flour, and spelt flour. Oat flour will possible additionally work, however watch out to not over combine.
- Baking powder
- Sugar – Granulated sugar is finest, however coconut sugar or a liquid sweetener can also be wonderful to make use of.
- Vegan butter – Melted. One other impartial flavored oil (like grapeseed, canola, or vegetable oil) or coconut oil may even work.
- Blueberries – Recent or frozen. I desire contemporary, as a result of frozen berries will possible make your pancakes purple. Plus, contemporary are juicier!
How one can make simple vegan blueberry pancakes
That is a straightforward 1 bowl recipe. I really like easy recipes I can throw collectively in minutes!
Vegan buttermilk is the key to tremendous moist and fluffy blueberry pancakes. It’s simple to make by mixing dairy free milk with vinegar. Let the combination sit for a couple of minutes to curdle.
From there, make the pancake batter by whisking the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar collectively in a big bowl. Add the vegan buttermilk and melted butter, then stir till simply mixed. Don’t overmix the batter or else the pancakes might be rubbery and dense.
Soften a little bit vegan butter in a scorching griddle or skillet over medium warmth. Pour ⅓ cup of pancake batter onto the recent griddle/skillet and drop a number of blueberries on high.
As soon as tiny bubbles type, flip the pancake and prepare dinner till golden brown on the opposite aspect. Repeat till you run out of batter.
High your fluffy vegan blueberry pancakes with maple syrup, blueberry compote, vegan butter, coconut whipped cream, or contemporary blueberries.
Serve with Tofu Scramble, JUST Egg Omelette, maybe extra contemporary fruit and luxuriate in!
Steadily requested questions
- Can they be made gluten free? Sure! Use gluten free all function flour as a substitute of normal flour to make gluten free vegan blueberry pancakes. Almond flour or coconut flour won’t work.
- When are pancakes able to be flipped? Pancakes might be flipped solely once you see little bubbles forming everywhere in the high and center. Solely flip the pancakes as soon as!
- Can they be made forward of time? I don’t suggest making the pancake batter forward of time. Any leftover pancakes, nonetheless, might be made and saved within the fridge 1-2 days upfront.
- Are you able to freeze vegan blueberry pancakes? The pancakes freeze superbly, which is why I like to recommend you make an additional batch to freeze for later! To freeze, retailer the cooled pancakes in a big ziplock bag or freezer-safe container (a bit of parchment paper in between each will forestall them from sticking) and freeze for as much as 3 months.
Need extra vegan pancake recipes?
You don’t want eggs, milk or butter to make pleasant, thick and fluffy pancakes. Get pleasure from any of those mouthwatering vegan pancake recipes:
Forestall your display screen from going darkish
In a big measuring cup or bowl, pour within the soy milk. Add the vinegar, stir a little bit and put aside to curdle. That is your vegan buttermilk.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar till mixed.
Pour the vegan buttermilk and melted vegan butter/oil into the dry elements. Stir with a big spoon till simply mixed. Do NOT over combine the batter or your pancakes might be rubbery and dense. A number of lumps are simply wonderful.
Warmth a big griddle or pan over medium-high warmth. Grease the pan with a little bit vegan butter or coconut oil and drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto it. Organize some blueberries on high (I like fairly a number of on every pancake!).
Prepare dinner till bubbles type, then flip and prepare dinner till golden brown on the opposite aspect, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all of the remaining batter.
Serve with vegan butter, syrup, coconut whipped cream and extra blueberries, if desired. Get pleasure from!
Leftovers – Maintain leftover pancakes within the fridge for 1-2 days. In addition they freeze superbly in a freezer pleasant bag or container.
- Milk – You could use one other dairy free milk. Almond, cashew, oat, coconut or some other milk ought to work wonderful.
- Vinegar – If you happen to can’t have vinegar, attempt lemon juice.
- Flour – Additionally attempt complete wheat pastry flour, gluten free all function flour, spelt flour or oat flour.
- Sugar – Maple syrup, agave or coconut sugar works simply as effectively.
- Butter – May use coconut oil, one other impartial flavored oil or applesauce for oil free.
Serving: 6massive pancakes, Energy: 207kcal, Carbohydrates: 37g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 4g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g, Monounsaturated Fats: 2g, Trans Fats: 1g, Sodium: 249mg, Potassium: 349mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 331IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 170mg, Iron: 2mg
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for websites to earn promoting charges by promoting and linking to amazon.com. Learn my full disclosure right here