Made with healthful oats, vanilla protein powder, nut butter, and the pure sweetness of dates, these simple Vegan Protein Bars are the right noon pick-me-up, post-workout snack, or on-the-go breakfast.
The world holds two varieties of individuals: those that stroll round with wholesome snacks like right now’s vegan protein bars (and Path Combine Granola Bars) tucked into their baggage always, and people with snack envy (and hanger).
which group I’m in!
After years of spending an excessive amount of cash on dear store-bought protein bars, I made a decision to begin making my very own.
At this time’s vegan protein bars have been my loyal snack companion ever since (proper alongside these simple Peanut Butter Protein Bars).
Made with dates, oats, vegan protein powder, and the nut butter of your alternative, together with non-compulsory mix-ins like chocolate chips and chia seeds, these simple power bars require zero baking (like my favourite Vitality Balls).
They arrive collectively in a snap and retailer fantastically.
5 Star Evaluation
“These are scrumptious and a lot more healthy and economical in the long term than store-bought protein bars, which I wish to have available.”
— Margaret —
How one can Make Vegan Protein Bars
No extra questioning the place to purchase vegan protein bars or which protein bars (or Protein Balls) are the healthiest!
These are inexpensive, style fantastic, and are produced from entire meals you may pronounce.
Really, that is the perfect vegan protein bars recipe one can find.
- Protein Powder. Use your favourite model of vegan protein powder. I like to make use of vanilla protein powder for an additional increase of taste.
- Dates. As an alternative of honey (not vegan), I made these chewy vegan protein bars with dates (like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls). Naturally candy and caramel-y, dates are additionally wealthy in nutritional vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Rolled Oats. A powerhouse entire grain ingredient filled with fiber, protein, nutritional vitamins, and minerals. Rolled oats and fast oats each work nicely on this recipe.
- Peanut Butter. The “glue” that holds these plant-based protein bars collectively (and these Peanut Butter Protein Balls). Peanut butter provides wholesome fat, is low in carbs, and tastes delicious. Be at liberty to make use of no matter nut butter you get pleasure from most (cashew butter or almond butter would each be divine).
- Chia Seeds. Regardless of being so tiny, chia seeds comprise a powerful quantity of fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants. (I additionally love including them to those Oatmeal Protein Cookies.)
- Chocolate Chips. An non-compulsory (or obligatory) mix-in relying in your place as a chocolate lover. I like the added sweetness and depth they lend these bars. (Ensure that to pick out dairy-free chocolate to maintain these bars vegan.)
- Almond Milk. Since each model of nut butter is totally different, the almond milk retains the bars from being too dry and ensures you may modify the bars to the right texture.
- Salt. FLAVOR! Salt makes different components pop.
For a beautiful distinction of salty/candy, strive sprinkling the bars with a pinch of flaky sea salt after urgent them into the pan.
Add peanut butter, dates, and oats to a meals processor, pulsing till the components break down.
- Add the chia seeds, protein powder, and almond milk.
Pulse till completely mixed, switch to a mixing bowl, then fold the chocolate chips in.
The feel of the combination ought to resemble cookie dough when correctly combined.
- Press the dough right into a pan, chill till agency, then slice into bars. ENJOY!
- Chocolate Brownie Protein Bars. Use chocolate protein powder as a substitute of vanilla protein powder. Add a teaspoon or so of cocoa powder to style (watch out, it’s highly effective).
- Protein Bars with Flax. Swap floor flaxseed meal for the chia seeds. Natural pumpkin seeds would even be a pleasant approach so as to add further crunch.
- Double Chocolate Protein Bars. Use chocolate protein powder. As an alternative of folding chocolate chips into the batter, drizzle melted darkish chocolate over the cooled bars (or do each).
- Low-Calorie Protein Bars. Omit the chocolate chips and swap them for dried blueberries or dried cranberries.
- Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars. Provides just a few chopped peanut butter cups (or sweet bar of alternative) to the combination for an indulgent deal with.
- Vegan Protein Bars with Almond Butter. Swap almond butter for peanut butter to get an additional increase of vitamin E and wholesome fat.
- Soy-Free Protein Bars. Go for a plant-based protein powder that doesn’t comprise soy.
- To Retailer. Retailer the bars within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks. Because of their “no bake” consistency, the bars will turn into gentle at room temperature.
- To Freeze. Place the bars in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Really helpful Instruments to Make this Recipe
The Finest Meals Processor
This meals processor is a pricier choice however nicely definitely worth the funding if you happen to often make protein bars and power bites.
Have you ever ever tried making your individual protein bars?
Whether or not this recipe is your first try or your 50th, I do know it’ll be a welcome addition to your wholesome snack routine.
Steadily Requested Questions
The dates are fairly key on this recipe for each sweetness and texture. If you’re searching for a protein bar recipe with out dates, you may strive including a scoop of protein powder to those No Bake Granola Bars. Or make my common Peanut Butter Protein Bars with vegan protein powder; swap maple syrup for the honey.
Vegan Protein Bars No Sugar?
Whereas this recipe comprises no added sugar or synthetic sweeteners, there are pure sugars in these vegan protein bars that come from the dates. Nonetheless, relative to different recipes, these protein bars have much less sugar content material.
Certain! If you happen to favor balls slightly than bars, you may form the dough into balls as a substitute.
No. This specific vegan protein bar recipe doesn’t comprise coconut oil. If you happen to like, you may experiment with changing a tablespoon of the peanut butter with coconut oil.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter plus 2 tablespoons
- 10 medjool dates pitted (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds or flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder vegan if desired (I examined the recipe with Bob’s Crimson Mill Dietary Booster, which is sadly not accessible)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang on two sides like handles.
To the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a metal blade, add the peanut butter, dates, and rolled oats. Pulse a number of instances till the combination breaks down, and the components start to include with each other.
Scrape down the bowl then add the chia seeds, protein powder, and a pair of tablespoons of milk. Pulse till all components are nicely mixed. Relying in your meals processor, this will likely take a couple of minutes.
Test the consistency of your dough. If you choose up a small handful of it and squeeze, it ought to maintain collectively and resemble cookie dough. Whether it is too dry, proceed pulsing in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, till you attain the correct consistency. Switch the combination to a mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and, with a spatula (or your fingers), stir to mix the chips and moisten any bits of dough that the meals processor did not incorporate evenly.
Switch the combination to the ready pan and press it into a fair, flat layer. Switch the pan to the freezer for quarter-hour or to the fridge for 1 hour, till the bars agency up.
Elevate the bars from the pan utilizing the parchment handles and switch them to a chopping board. Slice into bars of the specified measurement (I made 12) and revel in.
- TO STORE: Retailer the bars within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks. Because of their “no bake” consistency, the bars will turn into gentle at room temperature.
- TO FREEZE: Place the bars in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Serving: 1barEnergy: 237kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 11gFats: 10gSaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 10mgPotassium: 292mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 29IUCalcium: 65mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.